Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #3-Stamping Your Own Embellishments



Here is the layout I created.  I used one stamp set to create 3 different embellishments on this layout.
  
This month I used this Unity Stamp set called "Here and Now".


The first embellishment I created was a mini calendar page.  I wanted to use the large "calendar/journaling block" stamp.  "As is",  this stamp was too large for me to use on my layout, so I improvised.  I first stamped the entire image, then I cut the stamped image down to a smaller size to only include the calendar part that I wanted for this layout.
 

The second embellishment that I created was a journaling block.  The stamp I used was the "5 cent" ticket image.  It worked out great to house a little bit of journaling and got tucked neatly behind a photo.
  

The last embellishment I created was a mini banner.  I used the "ampersand" stamp to create each pennant for my mini banner, then I cut out each stamped image by hand.  Once the banner is created, the ampersand symbol looks more like a design element and less like punctuation/shorthand. 
 

5 comments:

  1. Super pages - and that stamped mini banner idea is brilliant - going to try that out this weekend I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done - I like how you adapted the stamps - and love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute layout!! I really need to do this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, really cute page. The banner rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT LO. I also need to sit down and do this challenge.

    ReplyDelete